Maitake Mushroom Burger
- 1¼ lb Ground Beef
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 T Unsalted Butter
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 Hokto Maitake Mushroom Pkgs
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns
- 4 Provolone Cheese Slices
- or 4 Swiss Cheese Slices
- or 4 White Cheddar Cheese Slices
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, salt and pepper. Divide the ground beef mixture into 4 equal parts and shape them into patties, about 1-inch thick.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill fire. Grill the burger patties for 6-8 minutes total, or until desired level of doneness. Alternatively, you can cook the burgers in a frying pan on medium-high heat, 8-10 minutes total.
- In the meantime, heat a frying pan with the butter over medium-high heat. When the butter starts bubbling, add the garlic and the mushrooms and saute for 2 1/2 minutes, or until the mushrooms have softened. Add in the soy sauce and the Worcestershire sauce and continue to cook for another 1 minute.
- Assemble the burgers and top with the sautéed mushrooms.
Recipe by Steamy Kitchen