Ham Steaks With Caramelized Applesauce recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 firm apples (Granny Smith, or any good cooking apple), peeled, cored, cut into quarters, and then each quarter into 4 slices (16 slices per apple).
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds ham steaks, cut into serving size pieces, or freshly baked ham slices
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
Learn how to make this recipe at The Spruce Eats