Crockpot Hot Chocolate
- 3 cups whole milk must be whole for the best texture!
- 1 cup half-and-half or heavy cream if you want to make this outrageously decadent
- 6 ounces dark or bittersweet chocolate* coarsely chopped (between 62% and 70%; the darker, the more intense the chocolate flavor will be; I used 66%)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder or Dutch process cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder or coffee powder optional for a more intense flavor
- Pinch kosher salt
- Toppings of choice: marshmallows whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel, a handful of extra chocolate chips
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
Learn how to make this recipe at Well Plated