Black Nightfall Beans With Red Chili Pods, Tomatoes, and Avocado From 'The New Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone'
- 1 cup black, Black or Red Nightfall, or Anasazi beans
- 2 tablespoons safflower or light sesame oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 dried red New Mexican chili pods, stems and seeds removed
- 1 large sprig of epazote
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon toasted, ground cumin seeds
- 1 quart water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- To finish: diced tomato, sliced avocado, minced cilantro, and sour cream or creamy yogurt, optional
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
Learn how to make this recipe at Serious Eats