Egg Drop Soup from 'The Chinese Takeout Cookbook'
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 6 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 3 tablespoons water
- 1 large egg
- 1 scallion, green part only, thinly sliced
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
Learn how to make this recipe at Serious Eats