Greek-Style Okra With Tomato, Feta, and Marjoram From 'The New Southern Table'
- 2 pounds (905 g) okra, any tough stem ends trimmed away and discarded
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon and 1/4 teaspoon (19.5 g) kosher salt, divided, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons (28 ml) olive oil
- 1 medium-size shallot, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons (32 g) tomato paste
- 2 medium-size tomatoes, chopped, or 2 cups (500 g) tomato puree
- 1 cup (235 ml) water, plus more as needed
- 2 teaspoons (1.2 g) minced fresh marjoram
- 4 ounces (115 g) feta cheese, crumbled
- Freshly ground black pepper
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
Learn how to make this recipe at Serious Eats