Oyakodon (Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl) from 'Japanese Soul Cooking'
- 1 pound onions, peeled
- 1 pound boneless chicken legs or thighs (about 2 chicken legs or 4 thighs), skinned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sake
- 1/2 cup dashi
- 8 eggs
- 6 cups cooked Japanese white rice
- 1/4 cup mitsuba leaves (optional)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallion (optional)
- 1/4 cup crumbled nori (optional)
- Shichimi togarashi
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
Learn how to make this recipe at Serious Eats