Creamy Shrimp Alfredo can be made into a reduced-dairy version thanks to the use of Almond Breeze® Almondmilk instead of cream or milk. This dish is quick enough for a weeknight meal and fancy enough for a dinner party or date night. Add a green salad on the side and a basket of crusty bread and your perfect Italian meal is complete.
- 1 pound pasta
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, or more as needed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups Almond Breeze® Unsweetened Original Almondmilk, divided
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound shrimp, thawed and peeled
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce Neufchatel Cheese (reduced fat cream cheese)
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta when cooked al dente, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add olive oil; cook and stir garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour 2 cups almond milk over garlic and season with salt and ground black pepper; simmer until warm, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Whisk flour and remaining cup almond milk together in a bowl until smooth; pour into skillet with garlic and almond milk.
- Bring almond milk mixture to a boil and reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally until a thick sauce forms, 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add shrimp; simmer until shrimp are pink and fully cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Stir Parmesan cheese and Neufchatel Cheese into sauce until melted and smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time, into the sauce if sauce has become thick. Mix cooked pasta into sauce.