Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole
Rice, chicken, and broccoli are simmered in a reduced-dairy creamy sauce made with almond milk and Cheddar cheese creating the ultimate comfort food for your weeknight dinner. Substitute dairy-free Cheddar cheese for a completely non dairy meal!
- 2 tablespoons butter or buttery spread
- 1 1/4 cups Almond Breeze Vanilla Almondmilk divided
- 1 cup chicken stock or reduced-sodium broth
- 1 teaspoon each: dried thyme and garlic salt
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (dairy or non-dairy)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
Learn how to make this recipe at Blue Diamond