Ground Beef Stroganoff Sandwiches
Beef Stroganoff made with ground beef, mushrooms, and a gravy made with almond milk is the perfect sandwich filling. The meal is ready in just about 30 minutes, so it’s perfect for busy weeknight dinners. Save the filling for leftovers the next day!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (8 oz.) sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Original (or Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original) almondmilk
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley; optional
- 4 hoagie buns
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Cook beef in a large skillet over medium high heat until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the oil to the same pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add onions and mushrooms; cook, stirring, 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and onions are beginning to brown.
- Whisk together beef broth, almond milk and flour. Add to pan, bring to a boil, stirring constantly; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Return beef to pan. Stir in mustard, Worcestershire, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cook 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over buns. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.