This recipe for classic beef stew made with bacon, beef, shallots, and carrots will warm your house and make you smile. Almond milk is used in place of milk, making this a dairy-free stew with plenty of flavor and protein!
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 pound beef chuck, cut into cubes
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- salt and ground black pepper
- 6 shallots, peeled and cut in half
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- ¾ cup Almond Breeze® Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Cook bacon in a heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium high heat until browned and crispy, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove bacon from the pot and drain on paper towels, leaving the bacon fat in the pot.
- Combine beef with flour, salt, and black pepper in a plastic bag and shake until beef is coated evenly; add to pot and cook over medium high heat until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add shallots, carrots, and tomato paste to beef and stir; pour in broth and simmer for 90 minutes.
- Stir cooked bacon, almond milk, and mustard into beef mixture and bring to a simmer, 2 to 3 minutes. Ladle stew into bowls and garnish with parsley.