- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 pound beef chuck, cut into cubes
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- salt and ground black pepper
- 6 shallots, peeled and cut in half
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- ¾ cup Almond Breeze® Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Cook bacon in a heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium high heat until browned and crispy, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove bacon from the pot and drain on paper towels, leaving the bacon fat in the pot.
- Combine beef with flour, salt, and black pepper in a plastic bag and shake until beef is coated evenly; add to pot and cook over medium high heat until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add shallots, carrots, and tomato paste to beef and stir; pour in broth and simmer for 90 minutes.
- Stir cooked bacon, almond milk, and mustard into beef mixture and bring to a simmer, 2 to 3 minutes. Ladle stew into bowls and garnish with parsley.