- 1 16 ounce bag of dried black-eyed peas (soaked overnight in cold water)
- 1 bunch of scallions, only use the white part from half the scallions otherwise it will be too oniony.
- 1 green pepper, diced fine.
- 1 tomato, wash out the seeds and dice fine.
- 3 cloves garlic.
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 2-3 jalapenos depending on how hot you want it.
- 1 Tablespoon Worchestershire sauce (If you are actually trying to make this vegetarian, be sure to buy the version without anchovies.)
- 1 Tablespoon Tabasco or other hot sauce.
- Salt and pepper. I like lots of pepper, around a tablespoon.
- Vinaigrette dressing:
- 1 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 Cup balsamic vinegar
Learn how to make this recipe at Macheesmo