- 1 16 ounce bag of dried black-eyed peas (soaked overnight in cold water)
- 1 bunch of scallions, only use the white part from half the scallions otherwise it will be too oniony.
- 1 green pepper, diced fine.
- 1 tomato, wash out the seeds and dice fine.
- 3 cloves garlic.
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 2-3 jalapenos depending on how hot you want it.
- 1 Tablespoon Worchestershire sauce (If you are actually trying to make this vegetarian, be sure to buy the version without anchovies.)
- 1 Tablespoon Tabasco or other hot sauce.
- Salt and pepper. I like lots of pepper, around a tablespoon.
- Vinaigrette dressing:
- 1 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 Cup balsamic vinegar
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
Learn how to make this recipe at Macheesmo