Sunshine Peach Muffins
There's a blast of peach flavor in every bite of these tasty breakfast muffins.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 fresh, very ripe peaches, pit removed, skin left on
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup 1-percent milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Lightly grease 12 (2½-inch) muffin cups or line with paper bake cups; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In another bowl mash peaches well with honey, then stir in egg, milk, and oil. Add wet mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Cool slightly.