Cinnamon Chip Scones
These scones are laced with the earthy, warming goodness of cinnamon and sugar.
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup 1 percent low-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup cinnamon baking chips
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine flour and the next seven ingredients (flour through salt).
- With a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine milk, egg and vanilla. With a wooden spoon, mix into flour mixture. Stir in cinnamon chips.
- Scoop out batter using a 1/4-cup measure and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until light golden brown. Allow to cool before storing or serving.