Blackberry Swirl Cheesecake
Frozen blackberries make a perfect sauce for swirling into a simple creamy cheesecake.
Baking the cheesecake in a water bath keeps the texture creamy. High in calcium and protein, this cheesecake makes a terrific breakfast.
- 1½ cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 6 T Butter
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 24 oz Neufchatel Cheese
- 4 Eggs
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Almond Extract
- Blackberry Sauce Recipe
- ¾ cup Light Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 300F. Wrap the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with foil.
- To prepare crust, combine all ingredients. Press into springform pan.
- To prepare filling, beat Neufchatel cheese; add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add sugar, vanilla and almond extract, beating well. Pour filling into crust. Dollop spoonfuls of Blackberry Sauce and sour cream onto filling. Swirl gently with a knife.
- Place pan in a larger baking dish with 2-inch sides. Pour water into baking dish to a depth of 1 inch. Place in oven and bake 1 hour. Turn off oven, open oven door slightly and let cake cool in oven 1 hour. Place in refrigerator to chill 4 hours or overnight.