Zucchini and Sausage Pasta with Basil
Fresh basil, squash and sausage make the ultimate easy summer pasta.
- 8 ounce pork sausage
- 4 small zucchini and summer squash, cut into 1 inch triangles
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cup hot cooked short pasta, such as farfalle or penne or gemelli
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Cook the sausage in a large nonstick skillet, breaking it into bite-size pieces. Remove to a plate, set aside. In skillet with sausage drippings, add squash and sauté about 10 minutes over medium heat until browned.
- In a food processor pulse garlic. Add basil and pulse until chopped. Add olive oil until emulsified. Combine in pan the hot pasta, squash, sausage, and basil sauce, tossing gently until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese.