Bruschetta with Tomato and Arugula
Ripe tomatoes and leafy green arugula converge a top this simple and summery Italian appetizer.
- 3 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 ounce arugula, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 12 small slices rustic artisan bread
- 2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- To prepare topping, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- To prepare bread, toast or grill bread until light golden. Combine olive oil and garlic. Brush on toasted bread. Top bread with tomato mixture. Serves 6.