Barbecue Pork Sandwich with Crispy Slaw
Crisp, tangy slaw complements savory barbecue for an easy sandwich everyone will love.
Use your favorite barbecue and sauce for this recipe.
- 4 cup shredded green cabbage (about 1/2 head)
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 2 carrots)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon teaspoons canola oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 8 soft buns or hoagie rolls
- 1 3/4 pound pounds shredded or pulled barbecued pork with sauce
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Place cabbage, carrots, green onions and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Combine brown sugar, mayonnaise, oil, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper; whisk well to combine. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss well.
- Split buns horizontally. Spoon pork and sauce over bun bottoms. Top with slaw. Place bun tops on top.