Barbecue Pork Sandwich with Crispy Slaw
Crisp, tangy slaw complements savory barbecue for an easy sandwich everyone will love.
Use your favorite barbecue and sauce for this recipe.
- 4 cup shredded green cabbage (about 1/2 head)
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 2 carrots)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon teaspoons canola oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 8 soft buns or hoagie rolls
- 1 3/4 pound pounds shredded or pulled barbecued pork with sauce
- Place cabbage, carrots, green onions and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Combine brown sugar, mayonnaise, oil, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper; whisk well to combine. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss well.
- Split buns horizontally. Spoon pork and sauce over bun bottoms. Top with slaw. Place bun tops on top.