Shrimp with Kielbasa Smoked Sausage and Peppers
Kielbasa smoked sausage makes this shrimp dinner smoky, rich and complex.
Serve this hearty dish with hot white rice.
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage (such as kielbasa), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon each cayenne, black and white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried thyme, oregano and garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, cut into strips
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute until translucent. Add sausage; cook until it begins to color.
- Add shrimp and seasonings; saute until shrimp barely turn pink. Add corn and roasted pepper; stir until combined and thoroughly heated.