Butternut Squash-White Bean Stew
Vibrant butternut squash stars in this hearty vegetarian stew.
A 2-pound whole squash yields about 4 cups of cubes. Look for tomato paste in a tube, so you can use a tablespoon at a time. Serve with cheese toast.
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1 cup Sliced Onion
- ¾ cup Sliced Celery
- 3 cup Chopped Mushrooms
- 4 cup Diced Butternut Squash
- 14 oz Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 T Tomato Paste
- ¾ tsp Dried Rosemary
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 30 oz Canned Great Northern Beans
- 8 tsp Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley (optional)
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and mushrooms. Cook until vegetables start to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in squash, tomatoes, garlic, water, tomato paste, rosemary, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer until squash is tender, about 25 minutes. Uncover, stir in beans and simmer until stew consistency, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.