Raspberry Tingle Iced Tea
Adding vinegar to fruit juice is a refreshing idea that goes back a long way; mixing it with tea is a great update.
Raspberry vinegar makes a surprisingly refreshing summer drink and also gives a nice zing to iced tea.
- Raspberry Vinegar:
- 4 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 cup good red wine vinegar
- 1 recipe Southern Sweet Tea
- Mint sprigs
- To prepare the vinegar, put berries in a stainless steel or glass bowl. Pour vinegar over them, stir, and cover with a wire mesh strainer or double-folded cheese cloth tied with twine.
- Let steep 24 to 48 hours, strain, and store in a sealed glass bottle or jar. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
- To prepare the tingle, add 3/4 cup Raspberry Vinegar to 1 recipe of Southern Sweet Tea. For individual servings, add 1 tablespoon vinegar to 6 ounces of tea. Garnish each serving with mint.