Lemony Asparagus and Chicken Pasta Toss
The perfect warm-weather option for picnics and packed lunches.
Just as good cold as hot, this dish is great for a picnic or for lunch at work.
- 2 can (14-ounce) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 12 ounce frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 ounce uncooked short pasta (rotini or penne)
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- In a deep skillet or Dutch oven, bring broth to a boil over high heat. Add frozen chicken. Return to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer 22 minutes. Remove chicken from broth, cool and shred.
- Increase heat to high and bring broth to a boil. Stir in pasta and continue to cook, uncovered, 6 minutes. Add asparagus and cook 2 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
- Drain pasta mixture and return to skillet. Add shredded chicken, pesto, lemon juice and pepper; toss gently.