Graham Cracker Cake
This big, rustic whole-meal cake is perfect with morning tea or milky coffee.
Sprinkle turbinado sugar and sea salt on top for a crunchy sweet-salty taste. We used a combination of Biscoff cookie crumbs and graham cracker crumbs, which made the cake extra yummy, but you can use all graham cracker crumbs. Serve with lemon sorbet, ice cream or frozen yogurt. (Go to relishmag.com/yogurt for a lemon frozen yogurt recipe.)
- Cooking spray
- 6 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 3 cracker sheets)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar cookie crumbs (such as Lotus brand Biscoff, about 20 cookies)
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon turbinado sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a deep 9-inch cake pan or 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Combine butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat with a mixer until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well blended.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, cookie crumbs, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add crumb mixture to butter mixture, alternately with buttermilk, beating until well blended. Scrape batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with turbinado sugar and sea salt, if using.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely.