Vegetable Bean Soup
With zucchini, onion, beans and tomatoes, this soup is hearty and warming.
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 (14-ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 6 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Place bacon in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes or until almost crisp. Add onion, celery and carrot; cook 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and garlic; cook 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, beans, broth and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in spinach. Ladle into soup bowls and top with grated cheese.