Chicken Quarters with Raisins, Tomato and Thyme
Browned chicken quarters are dressed up with golden and dark raisins, fresh thyme and tomato.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken quarters
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounce chopped ham (optional)
- 2/3 cup golden and dark jumbo raisins
- 1 large ripe tomato, chopped
- Fresh thyme springs
- 1 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy ovenproof skillet. Add chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper and saute until browned on both sides. Add ham (if using), raisins, tomato and thyme to pan. Pour chicken broth into pan. Place in oven, and cook, uncovered, 30 to 45 minutes, until chicken is done. Serve chicken with pan juices and raisins.