Double Delight Peanut Butter Cookies
The double-dose of peanuts makes these cookies twice as good as any you've had before.
The 2008 Pillsbury Bake-Off Grand prize winner Carolyn Gurtz's cookies are crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside. Cookies can be prepared ahead of time and well-wrapped, then frozen until using. Thaw thoroughly before baking.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (16 1/2-ounce) refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough, well chilled
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Combine peanut butter and powdered sugar; stir until completely blended. Shape mixture into 24 small balls. Refrigerate until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine peanuts, granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Working on wax paper, cut cookie dough roll into 12 slices. Cut each slice in half to make 24 pieces; flatten each piece. Shape 1 cookie dough piece around 1 peanut butter ball, covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough and balls. Sprinkle balls with peanut mixture.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Chill. Spray bottom of drinking glass with cooking spray. Flatten each ball to 1/2-inch thickness with bottom of glass. Sprinkle any remaining peanut mixture evenly on tops of cookies; press gently.
- Bake 7 to 12 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Store tightly covered.