Corn Cakes from Readyville Mill
Try some stone-ground corn meal in these pancakes for added texture.
- 2 cup corn meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup melted butter, slightly cooled
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Mix together dry ingredients
- Mix eggs, buttermilk and melted butter. Blend wet ingredients into dry and stir well.
- Preheat griddle over medium-high heat. Lightly oil. Pour 1/4 cup of mixture onto hot griddle. Cook until bubbles form on top and then flip to cook the other side. Cook until bottoms are lightly browned and set. Serve with hot butter and maple syrup.