Sweet and Savory Sweet Potato Steak Fries
Keep the grill going and make these sweet potato "fries."
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle or chili powder
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Set up your grill in a 2-zone configuration, one side hot, the other side not.
- Cut tips off potatoes and dig out any bad spots. Peeling isn't necessary, but you can do it if you like. Cut potatoes into halves lengthwise, and then into thick fries. Place in a large bowl. Drizzle oil over top and toss to coat.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle over potatoes. Toss to coat.
- Lay fries on the grill so they'll get horizontal grill marks, and close the lid. Cook about 3 minutes, until potatoes have brown grill marks on one side. Flip to another side. Cook until all sides are marked. Potatoes are done when easily pierced with a fork. You may need to move the fries to the indirect-heat side if they're not done after good grill marks are formed.