Big Italian Salad
A lively assembly of vegetables, meats and cheeses that you’d find on an antipasto board.
If you can find Castelvetrano olives from Sicily—vivid green with mild buttery taste—be sure to include them. They are exceptional.
- Creamy Garlic Dressing:
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup olive oil (or combination olive and canola oil)
- 1 to 2 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 large head romaine, washed, dried, chopped
- 1 head radicchio, washed, dried, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 10 ounce baby spinach
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives and/or pitted black olives
- 10 peperoncini peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts in brine, drained
- 1/4 to 1/2 pound pepperoni or salami, thinly sliced
- 8 ounce provolone slices, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- To prepare dressing, mash garlic and salt to a paste in a small bowl. Whisk in mayonnaise, vinegar and oregano, then whisk in oil. Season with red pepper flakes.
- To prepare salad, place mixed greens in a large bowl. Add vegetables, meat and provolone. Pour dressing over ingredients and toss well. Sprinkle Parmigiano Reggiano on top.