Wheat Berries with Pesto
A chewy, refreshing salad that's super using jarred pesto.
- 1 1/2 cup wheat berries
- 3 to 3 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup jarred basil pesto
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- Soak wheat berries in water overnight.
- Drain water and fill pot with fresh water (3 to 3½ cups) until the wheat berries are covered. Bring water to a boil; cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until grains are tender yet chewy, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Drain wheat berries; stir in pesto and tomatoes.