Hearty Steak Sandwich for Six
One sandwich to serve six mouths—this is grilled flank fare at its very best.
- 2 cup seeded and diced tomatoes
- 6 tablespoon pitted, chopped kalamata olives
- 4 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pound flank or sirloin steak
- 1 (1-pound) round loaf (boule) Italian or French bread
- 4 thin slices provolone cheese
- 2 ounce arugula
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Heat grill.
- Combine tomatoes, olives, basil, red onion, vinegar and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a small bowl.
- Place steaks on grill over medium heat. Grill, uncovered, to desired doneness, turning once. Place on cutting board and let rest 5 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain.
- Slice bread horizontally. Grill, cut side down, until surface is crisp and golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place cheese on bottom slice of bread. Top with tomato mixture, steak and arugula. Top with remaining bread. Slice into wedges.