Chilled Avocado Soup
A super creamy chilled soup for summer.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled
- 2 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth, warmed to room temperature
- 1 (4-ounce) can or jar chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt, sour cream or Kefir
- 6 green onions, chopped (green part only)
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 2 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Cut avocados into halves and remove pits. Spoon avocado into a blender jar, add remaining ingredients (except garnish), and purée until creamy. You may chill the soup for up to 2 hours before serving or serve immediately. Makes about 4 1/2 cups.