Strawberry Meringue Parfaits with Balsamic Syrup
Perfection in a parfait glass: strawberries, balsamic, meringues, and mascarpone cheese.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 24 ounce strawberries, hulled and sliced 1/4 inches thick
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounce mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounce meringue cookies, crumbled (about 12)
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Combine vinegar and 2 tablespoons sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil about 8 minutes, or until thick. Let cool. Combine balsamic syrup with berries.
- Beat heavy cream, mascarpone, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Layer strawberries, cream mixture and crumbled meringues in glasses. Serve immediately. Serves 6.