Mozzarella-Stuffed Caprese Turkey Sliders
Turkey sliders get an Italian twist with tomato, basil and mozzarella.
With a slice of fresh mozzarella tucked inside each patty, these sliders are a delicious and fun departure from regular ol’ burgers. If you can’t find slider rolls at your local bakery counter, you can use soft dinner rolls or hot dog rolls cut lengthwise to fit your patties.
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, unseasoned breadcrumbs can be substituted
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slice fresh mozzarella cheese, about 1/4-inch thick
- 6 slider rolls, lightly toasted to taste
- 6 slice of fresh, ripe tomato, about 1/2-inch thick
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Place turkey, breadcrumbs, basil, egg, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Using clean hands, combine all ingredients until well mixed. Divide mixture into 12 equal balls. Place on paper towel or sheet pan, evenly spaced. Using the back of a flat metal spatula, flatten each ball into a patty about 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick.
- Place mozzarella slices on 6 patties. Layer another patty on top of cheese. Press edges of patties together, fully encasing cheese inside. Gently reform stuffed patties so they have flat cooking surfaces.
- Set patties on a hot grill or pan and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook to desired doneness.
- Place patties on slider rolls and top with tomato slices. Finish with top bun and secure in place with long toothpick or hors d'oeuvres skewer. Serve warm.