Fettuccine with Squash and Mint
Fettuccine pasta and ribbons of squash entwine to offer up this lovely taste of summer.
- 4 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 1/2 pound summer squash (zucchini works well too), cut into julienned strips
- 1 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup ricotta salata, shaved or cut into thin batons
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Heat a large pot or saucepan over medium heat and add olive oil. Add squash and sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in cherry tomatoes and mint. Cook for another couple of minutes and remove from heat.
- Bring lightly salted water to a rolling boil in a large pan. Add fettuccine and cook according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Toss pasta into the pot with the vegetables. Add salt, black pepper and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil. Add reserved pasta cooking liquid, tossing and folding, so that the squash strips become entwined with the pasta ribbons. Sprinkle in the ricotta salata as you fold.