Chicken and Sweet Potato Hash
This hearty sweet potato hash makes for one tasty breakfast of champions.
If you’re trying to keep track of your calories, be sure to buy all-breast ground chicken, as it’s very lean. You can also skip the fried egg and sour cream and top your hash with some plain yogurt and salsa instead.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 diced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoon oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 eggs
- Salsa and sour cream to garnish, if desired.
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Set a large pot of water to boil.
- Cook sweet potatoes chunks for 15 minutes. Drain, set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Add chicken to pan and brown on high heat. Add cooked sweet potatoes. Stir to combine.
- In a small pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat and fry eggs to desired doneness.
- Make a small pile of hash on the center of 4 plates, top with fried egg and garnish with salsa and sour cream.