Sweet Potato Latkes
This year, give traditional Hanukkah latkes a spin with bright sweet potatoes.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil for frying; add more as needed
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grate sweet potatoes in food processor or with box grater (largest hole). Combine sweet potatoes with remaining ingredients (except oil) in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. For each latke, place 1/4-cup batter in hot oil. Flatten with a spatula until about 1/4-inch thick. Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Drain on a paper-towel. Place on baking sheet and bake 12 minutes. Serve with Greek yogurt, cranberry sauce or applesauce. Makes about 2 dozen.