Easy Five Ingredient Caesar Salad
This simple Caesar salad can easily be adjusted to suit vegans.
On-the-go? If you don’t have a blender simply mash all of the “wet” ingredients with the back of your fork working it into the romaine lettuce.
- 2-3 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup chickpeas (2 hard boiled eggs or other protein choice if not vegan)
- 3 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- garlic, optional
- apple cider vinegar, optional
- Chop romaine lettuce and set aside in a serving bowl.
- For the dressing: In a blender or food processor, combine avocado, hemp seeds and nutritional yeast. Optional ingredients to add to the mix are garlic and a dash of apple cider vinegar. Blend together for a thick and creamy dressing.
- Pour dressing over romaine lettuce. Combine and top with chickpeas. If you'd like to add another protein source instead of a vegetarian friendly protein, try grilled chicken.