Italian meatloaf served with carrots and polenta makes for a perfect weeknight dinner.
- 1 1/2 slice white bread
- 3 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 8 ounce button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 1/2 pound ground chuck
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine milk and bread. Soak 5 minutes. Combine bread mixture, onion, mushrooms, beef, egg, cheese, salt, pepper and half the tomatoes. Mix with your hands. Shape into a loaf and place in a baking dish. Scatter with remaining tomatoes. Bake 40 minutes or until meat registers 160F.