Spinach and Artichoke Beef Roulade
This holiday-ready rolled flank steak is stuffed with spinach and Asiago cheese.
- 10 ounce frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 14 ounce can quartered artichoke hearts (packed in water), drained
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Provolone or Asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pound flank steak
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine spinach, artichoke hearts, cheese, mayonnaise and garlic. Mix well.
- Place steak on a cutting board. Slice meat lengthwise cutting to, but not through, other side. Open like a book. Place plastic over meat. Pound to an even thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Spread spinach mixture evenly over beef, leaving 1 inch at the top bare. Starting from the long edge, roll up jelly roll fashion to form a roulade, then tie with kitchen twine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Place meat in pan and cook until browned on all sides. Place pan in oven and roast 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 130F. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.