Cacio e Pepe: Easy Cheese and Pepper Pasta
Calling for only four ingredients, this easy pasta recipe is adored by Romans as much for its simplicity as its cheesy, comforting goodness.
- 1 pound bucatini or spaghetti
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 teaspoon pepper
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Cook bucatini or spaghetti according to package directions until al dente.
- Drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking water.
- In the pot the pasta was cooked in, stir together pasta water and butter until butter melts.
- Stir in pasta. Toss with cheese and pepper.