Pumpkin-Cranberry Breakfast Cookies
Cookies for breakfast? Who ever said dreams don't come true?
- 1 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (like Libby's)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (like Craisins)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Combine flour, baking soda, ginger and salt in a bowl.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together butter, oil and syrup in a mixing bowl until creamy. Add egg, vanilla and pumpkin. Beat until smooth. Add flour mixture and beat 30 seconds.
- Fold in oats, dried cranberries and walnuts. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with waxed paper.
- Scoop dough by heaping tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake 12 to 13 minutes, until light golden. Remove from oven and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
TIP: Make a batch of these on the weekend and store in the freezer!