French Toast Waffles
Two classic breakfast recipes combine for a sweet treat worth jumping out of bed for.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 12 slice bread (challah, country white or brioche, 1-inch-thick)
- Butter (for greasing the waffle iron)
- Maple syrup (optional)
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat waffle iron. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk until well blended. Whisk in vanilla and sugar.
- Pour mixture into a deep pie plate. Dip bread slices, one at a time, making sure to thoroughly coat each side. Set slices on a plate for 2 minutes to absorb the mixture.
- Grease waffle iron with butter. Arrange soaked bread slices on top of iron (you'll need to cook them in batches). Close and cook according to manufacturer's directions. Serve with maple syrup, if desired.