Easy Bacon and Tomato Pasta
Looking to up the nutritional punch? Stir in steamed broccoli or spinach.
- 1/4 pound thick-cut bacon, sliced into long, thin strips
- 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound thick spaghetti
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling (optional)
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan over low heat until slightly crisp. Add onions and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring, 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add tomatoes, salt and sugar. Simmer, breaking up tomatoes with a spoon, 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain well and add to sauce. Cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 1/4 cup cheese. Toss well. Serve with olive oil (if using) and remaining cheese.