Chicken Potpie Skillet
Almond milk lightens up a comfort-food classic, while still allowing it to maintain the creamy goodness it's known for.
- 1 onion, chopped
- olive oil
- 2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup almond milk (like Silk)
- 2 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- In a large ovenproof, nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium, and cook onion until softened and just beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add vegetables and garlic powder to skillet and cook until thawed, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over onion and vegetables. Toss to coat and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add broth, almond milk, chicken, salt and pepper; stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook until thickened, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Preheat broiler.
- Remove from heat, smooth top and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Place under oven broiler until breadcrumbs are browned, about 1 minute.