Bacon-Blue Cheese Burgers
Ground beef, bacon and blue cheese team up for one outstanding burger.
Mixed-up burgers like these can also be broiled or pan-fried. In place of ketchup, try horseradish-spiked mayonnaise. If you opt out of using the egg, take care while flipping as they’ll be a bit delicate.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 5 ounce bacon (about 4 strips), chopped and fried until crisp
- 3 ounce aged blue cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes and chilled
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Break up ground beef into mixing bowl. Add egg, if using, and mix thoroughly. Gently add in bacon, blue cheese until combined.
- Shape into four 4-inch wide and 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- Preheat a charcoal or gas grill to high heat. Season both sides with salt and grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.