Halibut with Tarragon-Lemon Breadcrumbs
Fillets with a nip of horseradish-spiked mayonnaise and savory crumbs perfumed with tarragon and lemon.
If you don’t like tarragon, try snipped chives or chopped fresh thyme.
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, lightly smashed
- 1 cup coarse fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (5-ounce) halibut (or cod) fillets
- 4 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Lemon wedges
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat, add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add breadcrumbs, tarragon, lemon rind, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Place halibut on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Combine mayonnaise and horseradish; spread over each fillet. Top with crumbs, patting lightly to help them adhere. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until fish is tender and crumbs are golden.