Sour Cream Loaf Pound Cake
This lovely, moist pound cake can easily be turned into a shortcake dessert with fruit and whipped or ice cream.
If you’re having any second thoughts about how long it takes to make pound cake, it might help to know that early cakes were beaten by hand, sometimes for more than an hour.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 325F. Coat a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Turn to low speed; add flour mixture alternately with sour cream, beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan, smooth top and bake 70 minutes or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove from pan and finish cooling on rack.