Green Beans with Parmigiano Reggiano
A last-minute sprinkle of Parmigiano Reggiano, the glorious cheese from northern Italy, adds terrific flavor to a sauté of beans.
Use a large skillet so that the beans have plenty of room.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and left whole or cut diagonally in half (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beans, cover and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally and lower heat if beans are browning too quickly.
- Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano, salt and pepper and cook, stirring gently, until cheese is browned, about 3 minutes.