Heart-Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
Low in calories and fat, these cookies are a perfect snack.
These heart-healthy cookies taste good enough to feel like we're cheating, even when we're not.
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar substitute, such as Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 tablespoon buttery spread, such as Smart Balance Original, melted
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup dried fruit, such as cranberries or blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, or almonds
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine yogurt, brown sugar blend and buttery spread in a bowl; mix until light and fluffy. Beat egg whites in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Fold into yogurt mixture. Stir in oats, dried fruit, cinnamon and pecans just until blended.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet. Press together and flatten with a fork for uniform baking. Bake 20 minutes. Cookies have a moist cake-like texture.