Heart-Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
Low in calories and fat, these cookies are a perfect snack.
These heart-healthy cookies taste good enough to feel like we're cheating, even when we're not.
- 1 cup Nonfat Plain Yogurt
- ½ cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 T Butter Spread
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1½ cup Quick Oats
- ½ cup Dried Cranberries
- or ½ cup Dried Blueberries
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ cup Chopped Pecans
- or ¼ cup Chopped Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine yogurt, brown sugar blend and buttery spread in a bowl; mix until light and fluffy. Beat egg whites in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Fold into yogurt mixture. Stir in oats, dried fruit, cinnamon and pecans just until blended.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet. Press together and flatten with a fork for uniform baking. Bake 20 minutes. Cookies have a moist cake-like texture.